Dan I wasn't refering to any past performance by you, so please
don't be insulted.  I was referring to the following from your post:

"I thought the showdown with Partners would be a good angle."

That's not going to be written as a postive. It could be, but no NY
Times reporter is going to put that much thought into it.  If they
write about that, it will be an alarmist piece about the development
being imperiled.

When one of the world's foremost opinion makers is coming to town to
do a story, you don't want to encourage an angle that could be
written as bad news.

I know you and I don't see eye to eye on many things, but we should
agree that when someone with world-wide opinion making status like
the NY Times is coming here to do a story, our responsibility is to
put on our Sunday best and try to impress them.

I'm not suggesting that anyone say or do anything false.  However,
you do clean your house with a little more care when you know
company is coming.