>> Of course, what do I know?  I'm probably the only person in the
>> world who thinks Asbury Park needs new parking garages on main
>> street.
>
> Really bad idea too. Development like that has killed many Main
> Streets. Parking is better as part of new infill development off of
> Main. Or, along the Memorial Drive corridor to serve expanding
> commuter base at the transit center.

All I  know is that I've seen many a business on Main Street struggle for
one main reason - lack of parking for people near the business.

That and a parking garage facility on Main Street would do wonders for
people from outside the area feeling comfortable about where to park.  In
addition, one parking garage on one corner or in the middle of town would
probably generate a ton of revenue.  Ideally, I would have one on both ends
of town, but I'm always looking for people from outside of the area.  Asbury
is definitely looking for people who can walk to the downtown area right
now.