--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "bluebishop82" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> LOL!
>
> No, a rat you'll never be.
>
> Here is why I question your source.
>
> First I make an assumption:  That it is true that they can't build
> with the present structure because it can't be certified safe
(which
> is what was reported).
>
> If that is the case, then the structure comes down whether they
> rebuild to 4 stories or 16 stories.
>
> Since it comes down no matter what, there is no reason to wait. It
> comes down under both scenarios.  There is no reason to wait.
>
> As for Metro fearing a subsequent lawsuit, I don't think builders
> fear lawsuits very much since they tend to be involved in so many.
>
> Just my humble analysis.

Yes, but perhaps why spend another $4 million to demolish. I have no
idea if a separate agreement exists beyond what is recorded,
however, considering the controversy, I cannot beleive Metro would
not have a side agreement that IF, it cannot build what is
anticipated, that they get some bread back. If they didn't, tough
cookies. Bruno tried to make me feel sorry for Metro. Not working.
Anyway, as I said here before, that is Metro's modus operandi, they
go ahead without approvals and then when people balk, they say "but
you can't make us lose the money we spent already." Yes you can. I
don;t really care if Metro fears a lawsuit from me. That doesn't pay
my bills. BTW, I just got confirmation from the attorney
representing the Orlandos that the offer was $330,000 based upon
Moliver's appraisal. I am going to ram this up the councils' ass at
the next meeting. Shameful.