Resident here for the past 2+ years.  It is stories like these that make me sick.  I know most are connected to drugs and/or gangs.  But one day it may happen to someone who is not.  I am gald to see this board is finally talking about this.  I believe it to be a bigger problem then the value of property.  Again if the crime is out of hand, this city will not go any further.  When selling a million dollar condo, do they take a tour of the shooting sites?

curtincarolyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
As a 24/7 resident of AP for the last 4 yrs I can tell you, without hesitation, that since Jan when Deputy Chief Kinmon and Inspector Van Buren took over the Police Dept I see a constant day to day presence...There are many new systems being implimented and considering generations of corrupt government, poor system management and irresponsible parenting I am seeing swift improvements....It is truely a shame however, that there are still going to be casualties of what was allowed to go on here for WAY TOO LONG!!......Just what I see from where I sit....

Carolyn Curtin
Asbury Ave

> keep them in jail longer
>
> There has to be a stronger police presence - day after day. More buy and bust oeprations.
> Cameras on the streets.
>
> Time to clean sweep, street by street.
>
> Do what they did elsewhere. Knock'em down and rebuild with less density. Build new
> affordable housing. With all those millions poured into the schools.
>
> Pay each family whose kid is going into highschool $80k (20k x 4) to find them a new school.
> you can pay the families rent and education expenses.

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS