The Asbury Ave corridor, from 35 to Main Street has long been an area of contention with me. As one of the major arteries into town it should be clean and welcoming. Instead it is a mess, there are always cars parked on the sidewalk, usually in some state of disrepair and there is trash all over the place. You only get one chance at a first impresion. I remember coming to town a few years ago for a concert in Convention hall and when I got onto Asbury Ave, thinking where the hell am I?
I have asked council people about Asbury Ave, and I have always gotten the same response, One thing at a time. Maybe we should relook at our priorities, people do not want to travel through that corridor of crap to get to town.

Is this area part of the UEZ?

----- Original Message -----
From: wernerapnj
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:11 AM
Subject: [AsburyPark] Re: Signs, Signs and more Signs

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "wernerapnj" <wernerapnj@...> wrote:

> Add all that to the fences, brick walls, pavers, etc, being allowed
> on public property.

And another thing -

Allowing the numerous car dealers and repair shops around Asbury and
Memorial to operate their business on public property.

Vehicles parked on public property and sidewalks.

Some have gone so far as to fence in public space for their own private
use.

No property taxes paid on that use, barbed wire fencing,...

Am I the only one who SEES this stuff ???? and cares ????

Werner

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate Asbury park

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS