You make some good points.
I too spent quite a bit of time in Europe, mostly in Germany and Holland, and
it always
blew me away to see dedicated bike roads and the diversity of people using
their bikes for
more then recreation. I have an enduring image of a women of at least 70
returning home
from grocery shopping on her bike.
I used to work in the music biz in Europe, and I always marveled at the swarm
of bikes
parked outside the venues I worked in.
I truely believe America would greatly benefit from embracing bicycles more the
way
Europe does.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM