--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Had a wacky computer moment...how about a trail that runs from town
to town
> along the ocean. I used to walk from Asbury to Belmar. A bicycle
trail would
> be  great, where you could actually go places.

If I recall correctly, the PLAN is supposed to promote AP as a
bike/walk friendly city discouraging the use of cars (Duany's rationale
for minimizing parking spaces). I forget if there are provisions for
bike lanes. That of course assumes we even get streets considering the
snail's pace of the infrastructure build out. Today they hit a gas
main. Well at least it wasn't in the senior citizen's center again.
There's a bike lane on Grand. Should be on every north/south avenue
with traffic calming measures incorporated and enforced.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM