--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Wolfe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is it just me or did concerned heterosexual citizens voice
concerns on this issue.  I do remember them being concerned that the
Market Street Mission will not be performing background checks via
Social Security Numbers as the County and the Salvation Army do.
This would mean the felons and the Megan's Law sex offenders that
they would turn away could stay at Asbury Ave & Memorial.

> They would be released around 7 AM out onto the street where a
children's school bus stop is, not to mention a clear walking path
for teenagers heading north to the high school from AP's southside.

> While heterosexuals are not the only ones that have children in
Asbury Park, the majority of children in the at-risk proposed area
around the Mission seem to belong to heterosexual parents.

> Please ask the families over here how they feel about the prospect
of sex offenders and felons around the corner from where their
children play due to Market Street's decision not to perform the
most minimum efforts to ensure their children's safety and I am sure
that you will here those deafening heterosexual voices against the
mission.

> Respectfully,
> Tom

You "assume", that that's what they are! Sex offenders and felons.
Not just men who are down and out! Some have posted here, that we
already have "too many" in this community.  Where, pray tell!  The
night my husband suffered a heart attack, JSMC had several in their
emergency room, due to the severe cold, 1/31/06.  If you had seen
their condition, you'd rethink your statement.  In a country of
plenty, the homeless have nowhere to go, kids go to sleep hungry,
every night, while you sleep in your warm home, loft or condo, while
kids on the west side sleep in roach and rat infested, slums, while
the north east live in splendor!  All I can say is remember
Katrina.  That's the face of America and its' racist policies.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM