Hey Paul,

Everyone has a right to an Opinion, but unfortunately what's coming
out of your Group SUFA seems to include Lies and Distortions of the
Real Truth!

Fact is that Surveys have already been taken, and there are enough
Homeless and Poor (For the Daily Meals) in the IMMEDIATE Asbury Park
Area to Justify an even bigger Shelter than the Jersey Shore Rescue
Mission.

You guys are even using the wrong name .... The name of their
Morristown Operation ... Which by the way, has been very successful
and mostly accepted by the Community!

The Atlantic City rescue Mission, which is one of the best in NJ, DOES
 take people from all over because of it's Gigantic Capacity and
phenomenal turn around. Our shelter will actually be Undersized for
the Population of Homeless just in the "Greater Asbury Park" Area, and
chances are slim to NONE that "People will be coming from Newark,
Paterson, etc.", as your Propaganda has Said!

Maybe you should have a Meeting to END Homelessness, and discuss how
to get:

    1. Rent Control
    2. Low Income Affordable Housing
    3. Living Wage Jobs

If the Redevelopment wasn't CREATING Homelessness due to the Lack of
Will, Action or Desire to get the Above Three Things into Effect,
there virtually wouldn't BE much Homelessness here!  But it's
happening all over, not JUST in Asbury Park.  Many formerly Middle
Classed WHOLE families are now Homeless ....Call up the Group run by
14 Churches in Keansburg who House Whole FAMILIES who were previously
Working, then lost their Jobs and became Homeless. They have a 5 Year
List to help People ..... And many are from right near here ...All in
Monmouth County!

Your Group will just Aggravate the Situation by not Dealing with the
REAL Problems (Lack of Above 3 things & others)! When you're not a
part of the Solution, you ARE a Part of the PROBLEM, which is EXACTLY
what Stand Up For Asbury IS!

Why don't you DEMAND Both Middle Class AND Low Income Housing to be
Included in the Building, as it is even done in some really Nice
Sections of California?

How about helping ME and my Friends to create Jobs for not ONLY the
Poor, but for people such as the Fort Monmouth People about to be out
of work SOON?  That Ft. Monmouth situation is going to bump people
from Solid Middle Class to POOR VERY Quickly!

Since Cities with Rent Control have grown in a HIGHLY more stable way
than ones without it over the past 30 Years (See Policylink.org ..Rent
Control), why not use your intelligence to help engineer a Phenomenal
rent Control Ordinance, and help to get it passed?

By the Way, are you getting Wealthy off the Redevelopment Blowing
everything out of Proportion including Rents & Real Estate Values? I'd
Venture to guess that the answer is YES to that question, either that,
or you're just not too Bright (5 Watts?)  !

Everything being done is making Asbury Park WORSE, not better, but the
greedy ones who probably also run SUFA are either too Blind or too
Corrupt and selfish to see what would be better Long Term for the City!

What's being done now is VERY similar to what HITLER tried to do to
the German Population in the 1930's-40's!  It's Ironic though, because
the Same type of People who Suffered from Hitler's Actions Then, are
RUNNING what's happening in Asbury Park ....... And they're JUST as
Ruthless, Heartless and Corrupt ...... But just more Sneaky, and they
have smart, immoral and Corrupt as Hell Lawyers to bend the Laws to
the Max while spreading Pain and Sinning against their Neighbors!

Have a Wonderful Afterlife! I hope it doesn't get too Hot for you
Folks!  Karma's a Bitch, especially the Pay Back for the Bad Kind!

Steve

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM