Title: Re: [AsburyPark] Re: Land Use is the Issue
On 7/27/06 9:03 PM, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Werner, I couldn't agree more.
I think it's a crime that Asbury has now lost almost everything that once made it great.
Sadly, we don't seem to live in a world that values culture, and fun and just plain
recreation anymore. Everybody wants to make money.

See what I don’t understand is that doesn’t Point Pleasant make money? A lot of money each day?

There is NO reason Asbury Park couldn’t have brought those parts of its past back to light and had them work and be successful as well.  I think many parents in Monmouth County would rather go to Asbury Park then drive the extra 10 miles to Point Pleasant.  Monmouth County used to have 3 boardwalks and now has just one.  Asbury Park is situated in the PERFECT location (i.e. Directly in the center) to take advantage of entertainment yet people keep repeating the mantra “it can never be like it was before”

Can someone give me a real answer as to why it could never be like it was before?

If Asbury Park returned to being a boardwalk destination with the new condos built and the crime removed... There’s no reason people would not want to come.  Just look at the beach.  A few years ago they were happy when 10 people showed up on the beach in a day, now they get hundreds.  Soon it will be thousands.  PeopleWANT to come back.  And I believe they WANT Asbury to be like the Asbury they remember.  So why couldn’t Asbury be reborn as a tourist town and take back the dollars currently going down to Point Pleasant?

Asbury park home Asbury park nj Asbury park hotel
Asbury park foreclosure Asbury park real estate

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS