--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> People are not allowed to express their opinion?  I personally like the work
> don on the
Wesley project along cookman. I think the design is good and the buildings show
some
character.  I am also quite surprise how much has been done since I recall
reading not too
long ago that the work had stopped.

Allan, Certainly you can have your opinion, but what is it worth, what is it
based upon? A
personal like or dislike of something is irrelevent in the context of a
discussion of
redevelopment.

For example, while you may 'like' the design of Wesley Grove it, in fact,
violates the very
plan that was adopted and promised to the public. The block face of Cookman was
supposd to display at least 2 different architectural styles. There were to be
pedestrian
and view corridors through the block to Wesley Lake. The architcture and
monotony of the
townhouse side is an insult to the existing National Historic District.

When weighed against the anticipated development 'sold' to the public, Wesley
Grove is a
failure and not in the best interests of Asbury Park. That is the conclusion
one would find
if knowledgable of the facts. Regarding the pace of construction, it is
extremely slow.

Werner