In reference to jerseykev's comments:

I am getting tired of the democrats blaming President Bush for the war on terror.

What about the fringe repubs still blaming Clinton, after six years, for everything that goes wrong?  What ever happened to "the buck stops here"?  At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to hear them blame the Clintons or the Democrats for the record snowfall in New York this weekend.  It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

  Quite frankly only a fool thinks a President declares war.  It was an act of Congress!

Congress voted to give Bush the power as he saw fit would be needed.  If we had a competent prez who also knew the history of that region that vote would not have been the issue that it has become.

War is a dirty business, and no one should be for one.

Unless you're a war profiteer.  President Eisenhower, a Republican with integrity and actual combat experience, warned us about the power of the war profiteers and their propaganda machines.

To blame a man who had the political courage

Like the courage he had during the Vietnam conflict?

to do an unpopular thing in an area of the world that has caused more HORROR on our planet than Freddie Kruger was a bold step.

Like Ronnie Reagan, you're confusing the movies with real life.

  If someone out there has a better plan to arrest terror and subdue it's [sic] effect on our homeland I would like to hear it.

Knock!  Knock!  Who's there?  Rita!  Rita who?  Rita newspaper, so you know what you're talking about!   (Or if you must get your news from TV, forget commercial TV and try C-Span.)

Other wise get on board so our men and women in harms [sic] way are not mistreated by the enemy and the country.

Supporting the troops should mean keeping them alive, keeping them out of wars based on misleading information, and having a plan for what to do after the "shock and awe":  so far 18,000 wounded and/or crippled, and almost 3,000 dead.  The result: we're incubating more terrorists instead of eliminating them.

Support the troops includes the Commander in Chief!

This is the U.S.A. where we don't have divine-right kings, and where, ideally, we shouldn't suffer fools gladly even if we foolishly elected them.

Tikkum Olam,

(and if you have a sense of humor http://www.vidlit.com/gandl/ )

Mario