Now you are commiting random acts of sociology.  You are reading way
too much into this.

The point Fred and I made was that Condos on the beach typically are
not year round residences for kids (look at my post below - it says
kids, not families.  I never suggeted households without kids aren't
a family.  I have no idea why you are throwing that in there).

Where are you getting all this stuff about gays and kids?  I'm
saying not alot of kids will live year-round in those condos, having
nothing to do with the sexual orientation of their parents.

I'll say it again: Those condos will not attract many year-round
residents with kids. I'm willing to bet on it.  I'll pay you $1 for
each unit that puts kids in the school system, and you pay me $1 for
each unit that doesn't.

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
>
> > I made the point that our beachfront redevelopment won't benefit
> > kids, but a West Side redevelopment will help kids (I base that
on
> > their currently being very few Asbury kids living on the beach
> > today, compared the West side where there are many; probably
most
> > live there).
> >
> > You are disagreeing with that?  By disagreeing with that, are
> > suggeting that our Beachfront redevelopment will help kids and
> West
> > Side Redevelopment won't help kids?
> >
> > Or are you suggesting we should ignore the West Side and not
> > redevelop it?
> >
> > As I said, you have me confused here.
> >
> What I am saying is that what you suggest is no kids east of the
> tracks. I just had a conversation with a colleague about a
proposal
> to build an age-restricted project up in Westchester for 55 and
up.
> All the 55+ year olds came to the council meeting with their young
> children. It is a different world out there today Tom. The
> traditional view of a family with kids no longer is valid. That
> family can be any group of people even if that does not comport
with
> the conservative view of a nuclear family. I think you or Fred R
> (with whom you agreed) suggested that gay couples would be a large
> group of the new condo buyers. What, gay couples don't have
> children? I spent the entire summer on AP beach and I saw 1) a lot
> of kids there this year and 2) many were with gay couples or
> individuals with both sexes.
>
> I don't think anyone should be telling us where we can live with
> children. I certainly don;t think you should design something like
> that here, you're doomed to failure. Are you and Larry anti-
> procreation? You want the Chinese to beat us? What kind of
> republican are you? For Godsakes, don't you have four or five kids?
> Didn't you have a television you latin lover you?
>
> And lastly, what do you or anyone else see in the WRP or any plan
> for that matter that suggests that there will be no kids on the
east
> side and kids all over the west side? There shooting kids on the
> west side now.
>
> I am not artifically dividing this city into segments. Surely
> economics will do that and I suspect that the east side will be
more
> expensive than the west and that east of grand will be more
> expensive than west of grand. But I envision a city for everybody,
> young, old, white, black, green, gay straight, and hell, even
> republican suburbanites (but I suggest we limit them in number and
> make them wear reflective clothing). A city without kids sucks.
End