On Oct 17, 2006, at 5:42 PM, justifiedright wrote:

<x-tad-bigger> Anyone calling for a tourist based economy here is ignoring the </x-tad-bigger>
<x-tad-bigger> numbers.
</x-tad-bigger>

Although you kind of have to admit that without TRYING to gain tourism, it's amazing that people from around the world still come to visit Asbury Park.

You say it's stupid to try. You may be right. For me, it's stupid to have never tried. There is far too much revenue and jobs created by tourism to give up on an area perfectly situated for tourism.

I can't imagine many places around the country that have the ocean front of Monmouth County without a tourism plan. It really doesn't make sense.

Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment Magazine
PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762 (732) 280-3305
http://www.UpstageMagazine.com