Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

In reference to your comment:

Mario you must be kidding with this complaint....Take all the shots you want at triCity, but on this issue I respectfully suggest you have no real complaint (I'm I mis-reading your story below ro did they actually print both your letters?).
No you must be kidding.  Did you read the entire blog  Menagerie  without your blinders?

In reverse chronological order you will find:
1. Your original triCity column from Dec. 8, 2005:  "Saddam Still 2nd Worst...."
2. My original complete letter to triCity dated Dec. 11, 2005, but the boldfaced bracketed text shows clearly what was cut when it was published on Dec 22.
3. My follow-up letter, published Jan 6,  implying censorship

(Again the above appear in reverse order in the blog.)

Unfortunately the "bloviating" comment was not included when I created the blog.  That was a swipe at me personally, but I'm not as sensitive to personal swipes as you are.

I know that "censorship" at triCity sounds ridiculous.  But if you read the bracketed portions of the text which were never published, you'll notice they contain my most damning criticisms of your column. ("What was cut contained specific examples of [your] insularity, intellectual flabbiness, and [your use of] one dubious quote to support my criticism of the Justified Right column. What remained of my text was without the “edge” (usually touted by triCity) I intended.")  The non-existent "direct quote" from Joe Wilson's interview with Saddam still roils me.  It really is the hook upon which your entire column depended.  Mere editing?  Seemed unlikely.

Under normal circumstances I understand the necessity for editing to save space, and I acknowledged that in my "K.I.S.S." reference.  But when such critical information is cut, you can't blame me for suggesting censorship.

You must be kidding when you demonize men (some severely wounded) who served in the military just because they disagreed with the dubya who was AWOL, his vice who had five deferments, and all the neo-cons who never served a day.

And then after you Swiftboat them, you smugly added: "I'm with us, Mr. President."

No.  You must be kidding!

Back to the present.  Once again today, you focused on a relatively insignificant matter, my use of the term "censorship," and you ignored the more profound implications: an "Orwell Deficit."

Sorry that for this post I didn't "K.I.S.S."  I'm not a sound bite kind of guy.