--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  Consider our astronomical school budget and the loss of Abbott
funding
> added to 15 years of tax abatements (which i agree with but not for
15  years), am
> I the only one who has nightmares about that scenario??   Certainly a
scarier
> thought than a kid or two in a fenceless construction  site...
>
> Or, maybe this too, is a waste of your  cybertime!

Noyou are the only one. Certainly within the last year we had about 100
posts on that issue. The apologists are unfazed by that spectacle. We
can only hope that the funding stays until most of the abatements are
burned off. If it lasts 15 years, that might be about right since they
all have a maximum life of 16 years from the first one. But I disagree
with you about the fence posts. It's a legitimate complaint (plus it
came from someone who wasn't here for the abatement/abbott funding
debate). What  is inexplicable are the posts defending the poor
condition of the sites. I guess because we are getting new curbs, etc.,
we can overlook anything and everything.