My apologies if a similar post to this appears twice, something
happened while making my original post.

Well it seems as if we have a situation here. I won't opine as to
whether WS residents are justified in the ire they expressed last
night. It is a fact. We have to deal with it.

Why did they express it? Because someone (JK) who they thought was
beginning to pay attention to their concerns was being attacked -
unjustly I maintain. They interpret those attacks as a dissmissal of
them and their concerns - whether they are right or wrong.

The majority on the council have ignored not only the WS residents
but the ES too. They only listen to themselves and a very slect
group of insiders. That is clear. I could show numerous examples of
the majority not acting in the best interests of this city, but I'll
leave it go for now.

Let's be honest (as I've said here before). JK is being attacked
because it is perceived that he will GIVE this City to POOR BLACKS
and the HOMELESS. Few, including myself want this City to remain
down on its heels. But those who have orchestrated these recent
attacks are SHORTSIGHTED and I think misjudge JK's intentions.

The WS is here to stay. We are not going to separate it from the
rest of the City. It just will not happen no matter how many wish it
could be done. Whatever happens there will reflect on the entire
City, the ES as well. Certainly, even under the best of
circumstances, there will differences between the WS and ES. There
is always diversity in a city, a diversity of wealth, race, etc.
That is why many came to this city - because of its diversity.

I am not saying that the City should remain as it is, but I am
recognizing that we are not going to solve the world's, or even this
City's social ills. But the simple fact of the matter is that this
City WILL NEVER make it back unless conditions are improved on the
WS. Certainly some people must go. The bad ones - whether on the WS,
ES, white, black, female, male, etc.

Of course, most are hoping for gentrification of the WS. That will
be tough under current conditions. I am making no judgment whether
that is socially acceptable - just stating reality.

How foolish it was to unjustly attack Keady. Those that did should
have actually encouraged him somewhat to acheive their aims. He
acted as a pressure relief valve. But now you have a tiger by the
tail. Going to be hard to hold on to. Foolish.