That sounds a bit too strong to me, because it'll stigmatize the kids.
Part of the problem lies with the parents, part with the environment and part
with the kids
themselves.
It doesn't help that the world of music promotes a thug mentality either.
I'm not saying that all kids on the west side listen to that kind of music, but
if they do,
much of it carries pretty negative messages.