Stand Up For Asbury has filed an appeal against the Market Street
Mission, an evangelical organization that has purchased a property
on Memorial Drive between Sewall and Asbury Avenue.  The site is the
geographical heart of Asbury Park and the gateway to our struggling
Southwest neighborhood.  The Market Street Mission has obtained
variances to convert the building into a Soup Kitchen and a Homeless
Shelter for Men.  This mission intends to bring in homeless ex-cons
and substance abusers from around the state to enter their
evangelical program.

We want to thank the council and the people of Asbury Park for
joining our efforts by filing an Amicus Brief on our behalf.  A
hearing has been scheduled for early December at the county court in
Freehold.

Preliminary hearings with the Judge indicate that the case will be
remanded to the Asbury Park Zoning board.  This will allow our Board
to review the case and, hopefully, deny the variances within the
confines of the law.

Stand Up For Asbury wishes to thank all of you here who have
contributed to our legal fund.  Because of your generosity, our
organization has nearly reached its goal.  As our court date
approaches, Stand Up For Asbury is making a final fundraising push
to cover our anticipated legal fees.

Any funds raised over and above our final expenses will be given to
the Asbury Park Homeowners' Association.  The Homeowners'
Association has given $4,000 to our legal fund, our largest
contribution to date.

Please speak to your friends about Stand Up For Asbury and encourage
them to join you in contributing to the future of Asbury Park.

Checks should be made payable to Stand Up For Asbury and sent to

P.O. Box 643
Asbury Park, NJ 07712

Contributions can also be made by PayPal at our website:

www.standupforasbury.org