On 12/7/2006, justifiedright  wrote:

I also didn't know Schlockmeister was  a real word until I just looked it up.

No big deal. It's an obscure term, but I like the sound of it.   Vocabulary
is not the problem.

The real problem is the cavalier treatment (or is it a shallow
understanding?) you give to serious subjects covered in some of your  columns.
E.g.: The
only real war on Christmas was waged by Christian  Puritans who saw the holiday
as encroaching Catholicism (Papistry).  Much  later, Henry Ford charged that “
The International Jew” waged war on  Christmas.  Then the John Birch Society
accused a secularist United Nations  of waging such a war, but even
Goldwater's people considered that  extremist.  Most recently, it's been
O'Reilly and
Gibson from Fox  fanning those flames.  But anyone with Google 101 under his or
her belt can  discover it's all bogus: scapegoating all over the board, from
Catholics to Jews  to internationalists to humanists.

It's good to have a Teacher on the  board, Mario.

It's not the  teacher in me challenging your assertions and/or asking for
documentation.

It's the citizen in me.  Scapegoating is  un-American.