Nor I with teaching, in the same sense (not proselytizing), any  history, or
about any religion.

========Original Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] Re: Geminid Meteor
Shower Wednesday Night  Date: 12/13/2006 4:51:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)   Sent on:

I guess it is a difference of interpretation. I don't read him as
challenging conventional religion.

He does not seem to believe in a  personal God as I do, rather he
seems to believe as Einstein, in Spinoza's  God, which is that
[insert descriptive word here] in the Universe that seems  to birth
and/or power certain systems.

Science has not uncovered  whatever that thing is yet, which could be
God or something else. I really  enjoy watching that scientific
search for truth. Guys like Hawking don't  conclude that it isn't
God, so long as they can't explain what it is. That  way he isn't
alienating guys like me who believe in God. I appreciate that  from
him and other great scientists.

I have no problem teaching any  science in schools.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
[EMAIL PROTECTED],  Mari