On Dec 19, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Hinge wrote:

 Remember the WNEW concerts in the 70's/80's?

Shows that drew 100,000 to the beach in the late 80s. I remember showing a picture of a 1989 show to Larry Fishman. He couldn't believe that those crowds were within the last 15 years.

People say that type of thing couldn't happen again. I disagree. Granted there is no one big radio station like WNEW anymore, but then again there was the Internet in 1989 either. The Asbury boardwalk was deader then than it is now and yet those people all came, year in and year out.

Upstage Magazine - New Jersey's Premier Arts & Entertainment Magazine
PO Box 140, Spring Lake, NJ 07762    (732) 280-3305
http://www.UpstageMagazine.com