Do I know who did it? No. What I do know is that the way it was done and how
the FCC works it had nothing to with the FCC. It came from somewhere else and
the state legislature doesn't have that kind of juice.

  The FCC that has been cut beyond the bone and into the marrow. The FCC
doesn't have the manpower to be taking joy rides bothering stations that
transmit as much power as a lightbulb.

  They turned the station off because of some violation? Okay, what was the
violation? No mention of it, nothing documented, nothing said. The FCC just
doesn't do business this way.

  Did you know that there are approximately 10,000 pirate radio stations in the
US?  Unless you are broadcasting profanity, interfering with a licensed
station, or using call letters the FCC leaves them alone. Yet they go after a
licensed station it makes absolutely no sense and according to friend of mine
at the FCC, the person who did it usually comes out.

justifiedright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Your prior post is asserting something about calling in a favor to a
congressman or senator.

I believe you are making things up there. You have no facts about
that - you are pulling it out of thin air.

Asbury Park isn't exactly a bastion of votes for anyone. They
certainly aren't going to do anything untoward to curry favor with
us.

In your subsequent post you say there is nothing wrong with your
facts. You could be right - it's the wild supposition you are making
that there is a problem with.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Duh. The station has no problems. They simply have to get their
antenna higher in the air to cover the community. They have to file
a variance with the AP zoning board so the decision is up to AP.
According to the FCC the antenna can't stay at the height is at now.
You were saying?

AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Mike Hemeon <tvnetdude2000@>
> wrote:
>
> > Keep in mind that this station serves the Haitian and Spanish
> >speaking community. In an emergency it is the only means to reach
> >these people. If it is gone and their is an emergency, and as a
> >result people are injured of even die, then the local AP
government
> >will be responsible.
>
> Uh...no. Not at all.
>
> Do you really think the AP Council has anyting to do with the
station's
> troubles? That's a bit Oliver Stone-ish, don't you think?

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time