Chuck, I wished more people thought like you about parking!
Nothing at all wrong with walking. It's healthy.
One of my pet peeves is going to a grocery store and seeing people trolling
around like
sharks for the closest parking space. I can understand elderly and disabled
people parking
close to the entrance...but overweight or otherwise healthy people not being
happy about
having to walk a bit just plain bugs me.
Oh, as for Cookman...I was referring to Sat. night, which was amazing on
Cookman. It was
great to see so many people wandering around. I needed to go to Market in the
Middle,
and I wound going back to my home on 1st ave and walked from there.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie leonard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> i think the downtown has a long LONG way to go before there is a real parking
> problem.
with the steinbach building almost ready to open, there will be more reasons to
park.  but
i don think any real problems will happen for years.  when i go to the dubblin
house in red
bank i dont even park on the same street.   you have to walk!  that applys for
asbury park
too.