I agree with all of the posts placed here, so far.  I only know a few
of the posters, here, by name.  I will help all concerned, do
ANYthing, as long, as it's legal!  I will be in attendance, at the
next one, if nothing, but to lend support.  People are more confident,
when they see their friends, backing them up.  I'm going to put my
mouth, where my intentions, are!  Money, too, if need be.  If I'm
needed to circulate petitions, fliers or anything that will set a
fire, to the residents, you can count on me!  Cold or no cold, rain,
snow, whatever; when I get involved, I put my body, into it!  I am
sending Frank information, on how I can be reached, etc., so that he
knows, someone is going to help.  Can I count on the rest of you to
support our board in this effort?  I'm parking my attitude,
personality and anything else, that would hinder this push, that we
need.  We have power and we should use it, collectively and
continuously, to help out in any way we can!  I'm going to support the
board, 110%, because if the will of the people and WE are, the people,
it will be a rallying force.  I am vowing to be there, if I have to
use my cane, to walk with.  You'll see why.  My mind, is alert, but my
body, may not be willing.  It's the curse, of aging!  I know my heart,
is in the right place.  I can donate paper for fliers, but my printer
is limited.  If anyone wants to email me off group, please feel free
to so do.
Sharon

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I couldn't agree with you more with the fact that we do not need a
> total state takeover.  That would be counterproductive.  You see the
> mess they cause in the other districts.  It's a joke.  Remember who
> was overseeing and making recommendations as well as signing off on
> all documents out of the Asbury Park School District...... The
> state.  Nothing went through the Superintendent without them signing
> off, namely the head of the Abbott division in Trenton, who I might
> add, just resigned his post.
>
> The thing that amazes me, I mean this with all due respect, is the
> fact that this site primarily worries about everything but the school
> district.  Do you realize that this is the single biggest employer in
> the city with the largest budget, which is about three times the size
> of the entire City of Asbury Park's budget?  This is almost $100
> million.  Why aren't more residents demanding answers to the hard
> questions.  Like what about the shredded documents?  How can the
> Assistant Superintendent command her secretary to shred three
> gigantic garbage bags of official documents, and still be there to
> give more orders?   What about Lewis' suspension?  What about the
> budget mess and 23 recommendations from the auditor.

I had no idea!

Middletown also
> has a suspended Superintendent.  The residents up there keep
> questioning and pressuring.  That's what needs to happen here.
>
> As for the ballsy move, maybe someone needs to make the threat.  You
> still have a high school that is completely out of hand to contend
> with.

You got that, right!  Every year, I purchase "Need a Lift" Books, that
have all of the scholarships, grants and information, known and I
bring them to the guidance office.  I told this to an old friend, who
happens to teach in the high school.  She had no knowledge of them.  I
was told to give them to her directly from now on!  They cost $5.00
each and I always give APHS, 4 of them and they can be photo-copied!
The last candidate, that my group, sent to Girls' State, at Georgian
Court, was from the Asbury Park High School, one of the top 10 in her
class, (2006).

They need a strong leader in the school, which they don't have
> right now.  If they get a good replacement, it could work. --- In
> AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apoojo" <apoojo@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "apeaexec1" <apeaexec1@> wrote:
> > >
> > first let me commend any volunteer for serving on any bd. with no
> pay
> > no bendits, too many problems and very little help from the people
> > above you, in this case the state of n.j. since the 80s to the
> > present every state supt. has made a photo op., repeated how they
> are
> > going to help, yet we continue to be slipping backwards. while the
> > bd. cannot put items on the agenda they can make motions directing
> > the administrators and professionals to look into situations or
> > problems and report back to the bd.  i am happy this has started.

Which is why I'll be there, to stem the abuse!

> > while it may seem impossible to remove tenured employees, it is not
> > especially if the have purposely supplied false data to the state,
> or
> > feds.  several years ago the bd. refused to take actions on the
> > supts. requested appointments of top administrators, they were
> > faulted and replaced, the next bd. acted on the supt. appointments,
> > and both the union and some bd. members say they were terrible
> > appointments. which bd. was right?

This, is serious!

who knows. Again i put a
> majority
> > of the blame at the state level, local bds. have so many mandates,
> > with almost no flexibility.

AMEN!

I am against a totall state takeover,
> > for several reasons, the most important being their results in
> other
> > districts they have taken over are worse then ours. that being said
> > offer a ballsy solution to part of our problem,  the bd. make a
> > motion at the next meeting putting the state on on notice that on
> > June 30, 2007, they are closing the high school, and operating a
> > preschool to grade 8 system. this would do several things, mostly
> > positive, it would give you more time to focus on fewer problems,
> it
> > would stop segregation, it would certainly provide the students a
> > better shot at an efficent educational system. and it really
> wouldnt
> > be that hard for the state to divide 300 students, between
> > surrronding districts.

What if this works?  I'm all for it!

> > it almost sounds too easy, oh yea the state is not going to be to
> > happy with this, but what are they going to do take away your pay
> and
> > benefits?
> >
> > think you need to get as many people as possible to attend these
> > > meetings and express their frustration in a broken system that
> the
> > > administration does not want to fix.

That's what I'm in favor of, also!

The staff members,namely
> the
> > > teachers, can not do their job if there is no administrative
> > > support.  I will be posting the full text of what was said at the
> > > board meeting so that you can see exactly what the reasons are
> for
> > no
> > > confidence.  We have been trying to straighten this mess out for
> > > years.

I know!

> > > I am in full agreement with you that Frank and few others truly
> > have
> > > nothing to gain personally by being on the board.

I knew this, all along, but I thought they had a lot of support!

They really
> want
> > > to fix the mess.  This is going to be a pivital year with five
> > seats
> > > up for election. It takes strong people to stand up and fight for
> > > what is right.  Attending these meetings and demanding answers as
> > > resident, parent, taxpayer and even staff member is what everyone
> > > should be doing at these meetings monthly.

I hear what you're saying!  I've been such an ostrich!

> > > I believe that umless something is done extremely fast, we may
> > never
> > > be able to fix these problems.  With the right person in charge,
> > this
> > > mess can begin to be fixed.  There are some links in the chain of
> > the
> > > union that of course, like any other organization, need some
> > > assistance.  But they, in no way, cause the amount of the
> problems
> > > that the administration has done over the past 8 years.

Are you an administrator, or know of a good candidate?

Like I
> > have
> > > said, you need good administrative support to advise you what you
> > are
> > > doing wrong and how to correct the problems.  Right now, in the
> > high
> > > School and Middle School, you don't have that.

We need good, honest, reliable, leadership...NOW!

SB