I opened in '05. The city selectively enforced the ordinance in '05
as well. But it worked to my advantage, as they didn't adversely
affect my business. On the contrary, when it was announced that the
city would begin enforcement (again, no consistency; it was the
middle of the season), the public came out in droves, and in support,
and increased rental revenues by 100%. Furthermore, the selective
enforcement worked for me, if you understand what I'm saying.
Therefore, when Kinmon suggested that it would indeed work for me
again in the '06 season, I had no reason to ever imagine it would go
as bad as it did. Thanks for asking.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburyparkpedaler" <robert@>
> wrote:
> >

> Did you open your business first, then talk to Reidy or visa versa?
>

> I agree. Knowing what I know now, I would not expect the city to do
> > anything in good faith; I just wish I had not come here with
blind
> > faith! Truly, my own fault for having a good heart, and being a
man
> > of my word. Shouldn't expect others to have such ethics; even
when
> it
> > could be good for them,
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <nnjallans1@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > While I am sorry to hear about the toubles you had.  You can
not
> > expect the city to suggest where you open.

Quoting

http://us.click.yahoo.com/kOt0.A/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/Y2tolB/TM