Tommy said:

You don't have to share the  results.

I decided to share the results of searching for the word "conservative" and
then the word "liberal" at the New York Times site.  The results below, the
first page from each search, may not appear neat as it is difficult to paste
them, but you can try it for yourself.  Try it even with Google's or  Yahoo's
news searches.

BTW, not one use of the word "conservative" in the Libby Guilty of  Lying in
C.I.A. Leak Case story in the Times.

Tommy's theory is a red herring; and his tests are not only silly and  but
also non-scientific.  See _A Measure  of Media Bias_
(http://www.polisci.ucla.edu/faculty/groseclose/Media.Bias.8.htm)   for a
non-partisan analysis.

Fox News.  We report - you  decide.

Forget Fux News.  See below, or search yourself, then you decide if  there is
really a pattern here.

    1.  _Anglican Leader Extolls Unity on Poverty, AIDS_
(http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/world/international-safrica-anglicans.html)
... in Tanzania. Conservative Anglican leaders,  especially in ... moved
steadily toward conservative views as he tries  to ...
March 6, 2007 - By  REUTERS (Reuters) - World - News
    2.  _General Dynamics Says May Exceed '07 Profit  Target_
(http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/business/business-generaldynamics-outlook.html)
... was viewed as conservative when it was first  issued ...
March 6, 2007 - By  REUTERS (Reuters) - Business - News
    3.  _France to Open New Louvre in Abu Dhabi_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Selling-the-Louvre.html)
... bastions in the conservative Gulf. By THE  ASSOCIATED ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (AP) - World - News
    4.  _Romney Airs Spanish Ad for Fla. Speech_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-On-the-2008-Trail.html)
... who are fiscally conservative, but moderate on  social ... to its
fiscally conservative roots,'' Whitman ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (AP) - News
    5.  _Tests Reveal Blood Clot in Cheney's Leg_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Cheney-Blood-Clot.html)
... would be more conservative with him.'' ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (AP) - News
    6.  _No Apology for Sex Slavery, Japan’s Prime Minister  Says_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/world/asia/06japan.html)
... Abe and other conservative Japanese lawmakers may  try to ... the
position of conservative scholars here that Japanese  officials ... to appease
his
conservative base even as he supported  ...
March 6, 2007 - By MARTIN  FACKLER (NYT) - World - News

  7.

_Disinvitation by Obama Is Criticized_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/us/politics/06obama.html)
... on blogs and conservative talk shows, he decided ...  Rush, a
conservative columnist, called the church ...
March 6, 2007 - By JODI  KANTOR (NYT) - Washington - News

8.
_William Anderson, Navy Hero, Dies at 85_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/obituaries/06anderson.html)
... a rural, conservative district about 65 miles  west ...
March 6, 2007 - By  DENNIS HEVESI (NYT) - Obituaries - Obituary

9.
_In Florida, a Company Finds a New Way to Sell Hurricane  Insurance_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/business/06insure.html)
... ;re very conservative. Whereas the state allows  ...
March 6, 2007 - By JOSEPH B.  TREASTER (NYT) - Business - News

10.
_Growth in Services Slackened in February_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/business/06econ.html)
... businesses were being conservative as growth slowed. && ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (NYT) - Business - News

==============================
Results of the search for "liberal."

    1.  _Anglican Leader Extolls Unity on Poverty, AIDS_
(http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/world/international-safrica-anglicans.html)
... take a more liberal view of gay rights than  ...
March 6, 2007 - By  REUTERS (Reuters) - World - News
    2.  _France to Open New Louvre in Abu Dhabi_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/world/AP-Selling-the-Louvre.html)
... of the more liberal bastions in the conservative  Gulf ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (AP) - World - News
    3.  _Gates Being Called the 'Anti - Rumsfeld'_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Gates-Not-Rumsfeld.html)
... Progress, a liberal think tank. He was ...
March 6, 2007 - By THE ASSOCIATED  PRESS (AP) - News

    *    (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-CIA-Leak-Trial.html)
    1.  _Libby Found Guilty on 4 of 5 Counts in Trial on C.I.A.  Leak_
(http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-CIA-Leak-Trial.html)

... Attorneys at the liberal watchdog group  Citizens for Responsibility ...
March 6, 2007 - By  THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (AP) - News

    1.  _EDITORIAL; No Comfort_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/opinion/06tues3.html)
... faction within his Liberal Democratic Party that  insists that ...
March 6, 2007 - (NYT) - Opinion - Editorial
    2.  _Citizens and Kings in a Time of Turbulence_
(http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/06/arts/design/06roya.html)
... owner of a liberal newspaper, The Journal des  ...
March 6, 2007 - By ALAN  RIDING (NYT) - Arts - News

_http://www.thenation.com/doc/20030224/alterman2_
(http://www.thenation.com/doc/20030224/alterman2)

_http://www.whatliberalmedia.com/_ (http://www.whatliberalmedia.com/)

========Original Message========     Subj: [AsburyPark] Re: Justified Right
Date: 3/6/2007 7:03:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time  From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com)   Sent on:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com) ,
"dfsavgny" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I am not the  political pundit with a particular political
>twist
> who wrote a  column about John Edwards. Now you are off the hook.
>You
>  typically promote the conservative viewpoint, here, on your blog
and
> in TCN.

Yes, but what does me having written about Edwards have  to do with
antyhing? Thousands of journalists have written about him. I'm  not
following you - anyone who has ever written about him has to weigh
in on the Coulter thing? I don't get it.

>Now, Coultergeist is the  annointed angel of the conservative
> party.

Why do you have to  get me started? No one on this board wants to
read this. However, here it  goes.

You're doing the same thing to conservatives the media does to us.
The media gets to pick who represents conservatives by labeling
them.  They train the viewers to do the same.

Try this. You don't have to share  the results. Very quickly, write
down the name of 5 current day examples of  conservatives. Also
quickly, write down 5 current liberals.

Most  people for conservatives write down people who don't hold
office. Usual you  will get answers like Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter,
Falwell, Dobson,  Robertson, etc.

For liberals though, most people jot down elected people  - Kennedy,
Kucinich, Dean, Clinton, Carter, etc.

There is a huge  difference.

Political pundits have no responsibility for policy, so they  can say
things that don't translate to governing. The media goes to
Robertson, Dobson, Coulter, etc. not in search of conservative
views,  but for a sound bite because they may say something nutty.

Why don't they  go to conservative office holders, like my own
congressman Chris  Smith?

Still not conviced? Try this on. Watch TV and see anyone with a
conservative point of view be introduced as "consrevative columnist"
or  "conservative host' etc. Have you ever seen Jesse Jackson, Frank
Rich or  Paul Krugman with the word "liberal" written before their
name?  Never.

The effect that the media is going for is to present the way left
views as middle of the road (because those guys go unlabeled) but
make  sure those on the right are clearly labeled.

Suckers fall for it. I  don't.

Fox News. We report - you decide.

http://www.aol.com.