--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why is it that posts about positive things happening in AP rarely
> become a thread compared to things like posts about the Convention
> Hall lights?
> Of course, I started a thread about some successful music events
etc
> but nobody has anything to add. Even though AP still has many
things
> to deal  with going forward, shouldn't we at least acknowledge that
> it's not all bad?

Well Hinge, I gave you my conclusions based unon the facts and
available knowledge base.

Speaking for myself, I'm formally trained as an engineer. I view
things as to how they are designed and how the work. That applies to
everything from your TV set to City Planning.

Yes, its a shame that negativity dominates many topics here, however
given the facts, knowledge base and professional credentials of many
of the group members here, is it really a surprise?

Everyone wants to make Asbury Park the best it can be. That,
unfortunately requires change. Requesting change can easily be
interpreted as being 'negative'.

i.e. "You're either with us or against us"

Take, for example your observations of the litter, hookers. etc. Is
that not negative?. Of course you did not intent for your critiques
to be negative you wanted a positive change make Asbury Park better.

The same goes for the conflict between destination tourism and year
round residential uses. Want a hip, music City all you like, that is
not the Plan.

Unless enough taxpayers become "negative"  :-)

Werner