--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>        One house with rocks out by the curb stands out from the
rest.  It takes away from the overall feeling of the street.  His
points are understood, and make sence.  I don't like when you ride
down the street and see that one house that has rocks in the buffer
zone either.  Not just in Asbury, but anywhere.  I agree with that
point.  I dont mind houses that have small retainer walls though

Public space has a large effect of defining the look and feel of a
community. That, and safety concerns, are why public space is
regulated. (except in Asbury Park - dysfunction ?)

As to retaining walls, fences and other 'hardscape', it is illegal
to construct outside the boundries of your property. Another issue
tha the City has failed to address and has gotten out of control.

Werner