OceanPlace also does tons of those "home shows" and business conferences to get people year round. I agree that the Berkeley will most likely start advertising on a good scale, but so far the two hotels seem to rely on the word of mouth more than anything.

The Berkeley seems to do well with weddings and stuff. I can't see why a new hotel wouldn't be a success. People seem to forget all of the uses that a hotel has and the advantages of a hotel by the beach are enormous.

Imagine:  1) weddings
2) business conferences
3) beach and summer travelers
4) event goers spending the night for concerts
5) the simple addition of being the newest hotel (and most likely the most state-of-the-art, clean, nice features, etc.)

There's more than enough reasons for it to be a success imo.

On Jun 15, 2007, at 12:55 PM, oakdorf wrote:

The only hotel that I've seen advertise on a
> decent level is the Ocean Place in Long Branch and that always has
> plenty of cars there.

Ocean Place is booked from June 15 to labor day.

They cater to their clients from NY/Brooklyn.