Tomorrow, July 10th at 7:00 p.m. the Asbury Park Zoning Board
reconvenes to consider the matter of the Jersey Shore Rescue Mission
(Market Street Mission).  The public will be permitted to question
the testimony previously provided by Tony Nuccio, the Asbury Park
director of social services.  Attorneys for both sides will also make
summation arguments, time allowing.

The Neptune-Asbury Park Ministerial Alliance is firmly behind this
Mission and has done a good job turning out a fringe group of Mission
supporters.  The alliance's angle is to turn this issue into a wedge
in an effort to advance its own agenda.  The tactics are completely
transparent.  Rev. Bradley has taken one of my postings about Library
Square Park, attached my name and affiliation to Stand Up For Asbury
to it and made it into a flyer.  He mailed it to my office
accompanied by a letter accusing me of racism, bigotry etc.  While no
threats were implied, the intent of his letter was to intimidate.  I
would not be surprised if he plans to distribute the posting at the
hearing tomorrow.

I would ask that all of you attend this hearing as a gesture of
support for the Asbury Park Board of Adjustments and for Stand Up For
Asbury.  Mission supporters will fling a lot of mud at tomorrow's
hearing in an effort to intimidate the zoning board and the members
of Stand Up.  This hearing will be one of the last and most
important.  Please attend and stand up for the future of this city.

Paul Vail