On Jul 9, 2007, at 11:14 AM, justifiedright wrote:

> Gary, Madison Marquette renamed the Tiki Bar to Tillie's Beach Bar.
> Why are you blaming Asbury Partners?

Because Asbury Partners had spent about 2-3 years building the Tiki
Bar into a known commodity.   When we had the Wave Festival last
year, we were part of the stage at the Tiki Bar.  Nearly everyone
involved had never heard of the place except for a few musicians who
had played there the previous year or two.   After that festival, the
Tiki Bar was on the map.   If Asbury Partners had known how to do
marketing they would have tried continuing and building up that name
- not let someone change it again.

And the strangest thing was seeing ads for The Wet Bar in the same
location.  I guess that name didn't go very far.

The blame for this one could be on both hands; however, if you had
built up your law practice to where it was a recognizable name, would
you have let your new partners completely change the title?