First of all, who is "they"?

> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "justifiedright"
> <justifiedright@> wrote:
> >
> > That's why I'm scoffing at the idea that council is responsible for
> > job creation.

There are programs, set up.  One, is recreation!  The other is where
are all the grants, out there?  What is Asbury Works?  An employment
agency?  I remember when kids, cut grass, delivered newspapers,
babysat, life-guarded, etc.  Here, in AP, there WERE jobs, when we had
a fully loaded boardwalk, an IN-use, Convention Hall, movie-houses,
with concession stands, ushers, etc.  GONE!  Even the movie house in
Seaview Square, that had been there, for years!  My daughter, had a
job at the Palace, at 14!  The lady who ran the prize parlor, next to
the merry-go-round, CALLED me, because, I wouldn't hear of my
"bourgie" daughter, with her $800.00 Fuji-12 Speed, dirtying her
hands, in there!  The year was 1979!  The kid begged me so much, I let
her do it!  My college age sons, worked either as camp counselors or
out there at AT&T, with me!  That's gone, too!  I see trouble brewing!