Allen -
I asked you before - are you in the property or insurance businesses?
Apparently YOU don't want to give the full story.
No permits?
A weekend job?
Inexperienced roofers?
None of the above, Allen.  NOT APPLICABLE
AGAIN - I'm asking what the average prudent person expects from both
the homeowners policy and the roofer's policy. Not for advice on what
I should do.
I realize I've probably given the critics on this board too tempting
an opportunity.
Maureen
--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> What would I expect?  If I hired a reputable company, paid for the
proper products however the workmanship was poor, I would expect that
company to stand behind their work.  In other words, I would expect
what I paid for.  I would not expect my homeowner¢s policy to pick up
the bill, especially if an inexperienced contractor was hired.
Probably not the answer you are looking for but the insurance company
can¢t be held responsible for who you hire to work on your home.
Imagine what the rates would be if this was the case?  It is up to
the homeowner to do their due diligence and to follow the proper
protocol (building permit, check references etc).  You have left out
details from your posts here and on your website which could easily
lead one to believe you are a victim first from the roofer and now
the insurance company which could be the case if the proper protocol
was taken.  I have seen this story often where the contractor is paid
cash, comes on the weekend to do the
>  work, no permits and now there is an issue.  For those cases, the
homeowner has to take the responsibility.

<nnjallans1@ ...>