This would be a perfect job for the Asbury Park Historic Society, but, are they
actually still
a functioning group? The reason I ask is that I tried contacting them several
times around
the time that the Library Square Park fountain was vandalized, and I heard
nothing from
them. This surprised me, because they renovated the fountain and had a
sprinkler system
installed, but after both of those were damaged I have yet to see or hear
anything from the
society about this. It's like they went into the park and did some good work,
then they
pretty much forgot about the place. I'm sure it hurt them to find their efforts
destroyed,
but that doesn't mean that you just give up and move on.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Allan Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The city can't ever maintain their own website.  Visitors will only find dead
> links for
Special Events, Places of Interest, Beech Cam, Downtown Cam and so much more.
Poor
source of information for people interested in Asbury Park.

=====