In a message dated 9/3/2007 3:24:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: To call you Reverend Mario, is no big thing.
OK.  If you say so.  You're entitled.   I thought it was a big thing
because I've had on my mind recent comments by Christopher  Hitchens:
It's "amazing what you can get away with in this country when you call
yourself 'reverend.' "   Then he continued that "Deo Vindice" (God as
Our Defender) was the slogan of Confederate soldiers; and "Gott Mit Uns"
(God with us) worn by German soldiers in WWII.  So I'm skeptical that
simply repeating "God Bless our Troops" yaer after year after year means
anything in terms of real support.     Hitchens was a fervent supporter
of the Iraq invasion and a friend to Richard Pearl, so no pinko charges
apply. And the right often challenges and ridicules  the "reverend"
status of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.   I fully understand what I am
called to do... Fine.   But don't expect any posts here which rely
solely on "your" understanding of God (as the definitive answer to our
discussions) to go unchallenged because they are "inspired" by any
special insight.   Cordiali saluti,