Maybe it's just me, but I'd be hearing that ol' commandment "Thou Shall Not Kill" in my ears all of the time. That commandment never says kill if the battle is correct or anything like that, it's pretty specific.

Funny how religion has pretty much abandoned that aspect in the last 100 years or so.

On Sep 3, 2007, at 5:15 PM, justifiedright wrote:

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Mario" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Then he continued that "Deo Vindice" (God as
> Our Defender) was the slogan of Confederate soldiers; and "Gott >Mit
Uns"
> (God with us) worn by German soldiers in WWII. So I'm skeptical
>that
> simply repeating "God Bless our Troops" yaer after year after year
>means
> anything in terms of real support.

To the troop himself I imagine it means a great deal. To go into
battle, to kill and risk being killed, I think I would want to feel a
closeness with God. I would want to be sure in my cause being just, to
be able to reconcile the killing with my religeous belief.