--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So, what do we do with the homeless Dan.  I know you long enough to
> know you are reasonable.  I agree that dumbing and relocating are
> wrong.  This isn't to say I agree with the three horseman of Asbury's
> position - I do know quite abit about what is goin gon in this State
> on this issue.  The State has no constitutional requirement for
> shelter of anyone.  Homeless people are not a protected group.  Many
> cities in NJ are sanctuary citys for illegals but not homeless.

What do we do? What will never be done. Make sure each community
shoulders its fair share of the burden of social services. JSRM should
be placed in Deal, or Elberon, or Allenhurst. How about Rumson? You
see my point and I see yours. You see that no one else will take them
so it doesn't matter if you are overburdened already (and that we
are). I don't judge you. I know your calling impels you to you say
what you do. But the cold rationalization is what I gave you above. We
have enough already here. And we do for exactly the same reason other
similar places bear a heavy burden of these services. Because others
do not. Because of "color."