> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <jerseykev@> wrote:
>
> > So, what do we do with the homeless Dan.  I know you long enough
> > know you are reasonable.  I agree that dumbing and relocating are
> > wrong.  This isn't to say I agree with the three horseman of
Asbury's
> > position - I do know quite abit about what is goin gon in this
State
> > on this issue.  The State has no constitutional requirement for
> > shelter of anyone.  Homeless people are not a protected group.
Many
> > cities in NJ are sanctuary citys for illegals but not homeless.
>
> What do we do? What will never be done. Make sure each community
> shoulders its fair share of the burden of social services. JSRM
should
> be placed in Deal, or Elberon, or Allenhurst. How about Rumson? You
> see my point and I see yours. You see that no one else will take
them
> so it doesn't matter if you are overburdened already (and that we
> are). I don't judge you. I know your calling impels you to you say
> what you do. But the cold rationalization is what I gave you above.
We
> have enough already here. And we do for exactly the same reason
other
> similar places bear a heavy burden of these services. Because others
> do not. Because of "color."

See now Dan, I can talk to.
It must be because we were raised in Brooklyn.

I don't know how every one missed my main point.  The reason why
Asbury has so many is because surrounding cities do nothing.

In the last 13 years in addition to my place, there has been a
closing of Ruth house, Philip House, the home on Broadway by the
dutch reformed.  with there being no actual shelter programs in Long
Branch, a larger city than Asbury, it has put the burden onto Asbury
unfairly.

I already know this, and knew it long before a lot of other people.
I was there when it was explained to me, why they were giving me all
this flack about Lighthouse.

Kevin