During the summer a few years ago they were charging almost that much
money before anything was done.  We moved to Atlanta for a year and
wanted to get our Asbury fix during a visit in March.  Even then the
rooms were about $100.  We rented one of the Presidential suites for
$175 a night.  I'm not sure what country the president who would have
stayed in that room was from, but we had many good laughs while we
tried to avoid stepping on the floor with bare feet.

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the problem is that the exterior of the building doesn't
reflect what may be going
> on inside. If you were to spend $190 a night to stay there, and you
pulled up in front,
> wouldn't you balk at the sight of broken and boarded up windows?
> I for one would love to see a great funky hotel in the city, but, I
think it's premature to
> expect people to come and spend that kind of money yet.
>
> --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "dsher4" <dsher4@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Hinge" <hinge98@> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's what you get to enjoy if you spend $190 a night
> > >

> > I guess i don't understand some posts regarding the Berkeley.
So,