>>> If the reddents were flipping the bill, they would be all over
this.  What is sad it is the students who suffer as well as the town.

I've been preaching this for years... on this board. The town picks up
less then 15% or less of the total cost to run the schools. Other
towns it's 85% or more. Even Long Branch is getting uppped to over
20%....at least I think these numbers are close. Long Branch has built
themselves some educational palaces.

I;m sure Frank could be more accurate on these numbers because I
haven't looked in awhile.

That's why the state funding mechanisms for school repaurs and
building went bankrupt, to use a real world word. Mismanagement,
spending like they won the lottery, designs like they build corporate
Headquarters (another who cares approach, because it's fake money..)

When you go home and walk in your kitchen or bathroom, most of us
might say I'd love to redo it but just don't have the money. Yet, you
buy a lottery ticket and think IF I win, then I will remodel.

The school spending is or has been like winning he lottery. Granted,
some ways of the past had to be corrected, but the spending was like
pouring a tanker truck of fuel on a pile of money and tossing a match.

Now you have:
1. Empty scholol building. And, as allen pointed out, life will go on
 with the relocation of students.

2. YOu have another building (Braverman) that state overpaid for that
might not be used for anything - or might be knocked down or rehabbed
at probably 3 times the cost of the purchase price and cost to build new.

3. A board of ed that has to lease, in my opinion, costly space. But
that;s ok, because the state rubber stamped it. Meanwhile, you have a
stretch of springwood that sits empty and would actually make a nice
spot for a school, park and playground. A strip fo stores and
apartments isn';t really needed there. You;d ahve to find tenants for
the stores. YOu have a whole strip across the street looking for tenants.

There was.is an existing school building in eatontown, 7 acres, 26
classrooms, offices, main gym, smaller gym, lockers, 8,000 q ft of
storage. It could be purchased for $5,3million and you can walk in and
teach. THIS is what the real world is.

The braverman building offers no land unless oyou knock it down. Jsut
BURN the money.

Maybe you should put out to vote to let MM just takeover the enitre
city, let them do what they want. Let them control the budgets and
all. Main Street, Asbury Ave, Springwood, Sunset, Deal Lake, Wesley
Lake...

Hey, it worked in Florida for Disney World.

Aobut time the council and BOE AND the state work together, not trying
to outdo each other. A real joke at the expense of the STATE tax payer.

End the Abbott failure today. Not that folks aren't trying, but it
ain't working. To those BOE members that are piuching their way
through best of luck.