In a message dated 9/12/2007 9:01:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Costco is a  pretty cool company. I saw a documentary about the guy who runs
it, and I was
really impressed with his simple philosophy about  business.
Yeah I saw that too or read it in the business section.  A few  companies are
learning the importane of emplyee satisfaction.

And some web sites.  When 60 Minutes did a piece on Netflix,  customer's'
only complaints were about contacting them (as we all know finding a  live
courteous American tech or rep by phone or web is rare).  So many  clicks to
email,
then wait 24 hrs or more for a response.  By phone so many  menus and loops to
jump through and then they tell you visit their web  site.

Netflix now has 24/7 live phone contact, courteous too.

Best is Amazon.  You type your home phone into a box, click, and  within a
minute usually a live person calls you right back.

My  favorite grocery store of all was this medium sized mom and pop in Ft.
Lee  called The
Fairway Market. Super cool place. It isn't related to the  Fairway in NYC,
and it's been run by
the same family for something like 70  years. The best part was the produce
dept.. Every
single item had a cool  description, which was great because they carried
gourmet quality
things  that you don't normally find in typical groceries. They also made
amazing  blood
orange juice on the spot. Man, I could go for some of that right  now.
One of our local papers recently commented on the need for that kind of
store in AP.