Jersey John I'm getting a kick out of you wasting your time trying
to find Fox doing something wrong and coming up empty.

This one below is almost funny.

Kondrake is a liberal on the show.  So Jersey John the lib disagrees
with Kondrake the lib, and somehow that's Fox's fault?

Thats all you can come up with?

--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, Jersey Shore John
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is what Mort Kondracke said yesterday about the Military
> Commissions Act, while he sat next to Fox News anchor Brit Hume
and
> Fred Barnes, neither of whom contested what he said:
>
> MORT KONDRACKE: Well, as to that human rights watch spokesperson,
> it's just false that this is — you can lock them up and throw
away
> the key is not correct. I mean, these detainees have a right to go
> a military — they have been tried in a military tribunal. The
case
> goes on appeal to the U.S. district — the Circuit Court of
appeals
> for the District of Columbia, second highest court in the land,
which
> reviews the evidence. And so there is judicial review of a
> conviction, at least, and so, you know, it's just flatly false.
>
> What is "flatly false" is what Kondracke told Fox viewers about
the
> Military Commissions Act. It is true that the Act creates
military
> commissions and establishes rules for those commissions in the
event
> that the President wants a certain detainee tried, convicted and
> punished (almost certainly execution). Not even the Bush-led U.S.
> will openly execute detainees without a finding that they are
guilty
> of terrorism. The commissions exist so that the Executive branch
can
> impose sentence (such as the death sentence) on detainees who are
> found guilty of engaging in terrorism (or some other war crime).
>
> But there is no right for detainees to be tried before a
commission,
> and there is no obligation for the President to bring any
detainee
> before a military commission. If the President does not want to
> obtain a finding of guilt and impose punishment, he has no reason
> bring them before a military commission. He can just keep them
> detained forever without any finding of guilt and without any
> punishment being imposed (just as many of the Guantanamo
detainees,