You just never know.  If you've been reading, I never leave when the
alarms go off, because it's usually a First Aid call.  Lots of Seniors
and now, kids!  Normally, someone has left something on their stove,
unattended.  The most walking I do, is from the elevator to my car
door.  I didn't realize, how inactive, I've become.

I didn't care about anything in here.  Things are replacable.  I was
the only one, home, so I just grabbed the cell phone, something I
always forget and my keys and a light jacket.  It became boiling hot
around noon and there was no provision for getting us anywhere.  Lucky
for me, my husband had parked by the Salvation Army building on Asbury
Ave., so I only had to walk a block!

I had left breakfast on the counter, hadn't taken any meds, because I
take them after eating!  In everything a lesson is learned.  I will go
back to doing what I did, when I worked.  Get dressed early, like I
have some place to go.  Fix a handbag with enough cash and bank/credit
cards to take care of my needs.  I had left with no money.  I couldnt
buy a bottle of water!  Have my legal papers and insurance in a packet
to just pick up and leave!

My sister had all this ready, when Katrina hit them.  You'd think I'd
have learned by now, huh?  I felt really stupid, standing out there,
phone in hand, a set of keys and no place to go!  Real stupid!  This
is what you have, when you don't live in your home state!

I didn't know if the Senior Center was open.  My parish, St. Peter
Claver is no more and the priest at Holy Spirit, don't know me!  My
daughters were both working, but they called me and I "missed" the
call!  My husband called in a panick because he saw it on TV, while he
was doing our laundry.  This is what I get for allowing him, to treat
me like an invalid!  I can still do things, but since he retired, he
does EVERYTHING!

HE needs a job or someplace to go!  He used to golf, but he threw them
out last week!  He has a certificate for the gym around the corner,
but does he go?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  He just is in my hair all day and
the one time, he's gone, all hell breaks loose!  He doesn't want to be
around old people!  Old people; HIM with white hair!  Anyway, if this
sounds like a typical marriage of two old people, so be it!  I'd
swear, I am Erma Bombeck's twin!  Don't know Erma?  Look her up!

Well, thanks for asking.  Don't know what I'd do; I must have some
redeeming factors!  Thanks for all your concerns.  No, don't know if
the mission took any of us in.  Wasn't thinking of them, either!
To all:  Thank you for all your concern.  This group is one in a
million!  Everyone knows about this group!  Nancy Shields said she had
read all my messages and didn't know it was me!  So if Nancy reads
this, we must count for something!  Wish I could meet all of you one
day!  Those of you, I have met; you're wonderful!  I mean that!
Sharon
PS Asbury Police and Fire-fighters, get 2 thumbs up!

 --- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "asburycouple" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>