Best post of the year!!!

Amen, Dan. This is what drives me crazy - when people move into an area and then complain about things that were there first. Cookman Ave could be an incredible place with music and dining mixing together. As it stands, it looks as though it will always have to be downplayed and under-utilized because of complaints from those living in the area. It's a shame because the Wave Festival earlier this year showed just how much potential the Cookman Ave area has to be a hub on entertainment. And that hub would not only keep the restaurants alive, but help them to thrive in the downtown area.

On Oct 5, 2007, at 10:46 AM, dfsavgny wrote:

> Add to the lease - welcome to cookman ave.
>
> Music may be played and you may here it at 9pm.

You buy or rent a place above a restaurant/bar or store and what do
you expect. I think I told this already. Some newbie in gentrified
Brooklyn complained to the city about the live poultry market next to
their condo. The poultry market has been there 100+ years. Didn;t they
see it?