I always wondered why we don't have any major signs telling people
traveling on Main to turn into the downtown district.  A lot of
tourists going up and down the coast might not even know this area
exists and just keep on going straight to somewhere else to spend their
money.

Really, for a few well placed signs, think how much traffic would be
diverted into the district and down along the ocean.