--- In AsburyPark@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Pitzer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
... I recall that there were frequent
> commercials on TV like "Give a hoot, don't pollute" and that iconic
crying Indian. We don't
> have that anymore.  i tend to think that it's not taught in schools
anymore, or at least not
> in Asbury Park schools. I think that's a great place to start. Teach
the kids not to litter, and
> teach them to pass that on to their parents.

While being taught the basics of proper garbage disposal, a good dose
of how to use the sidewalks provided for them by all our tax dollars
would be appreciated.

It amazes me that anyone would walk in the streets that are obviously
there for vehicles. Kids and adults alike. I think there is a common
sense gene lacking in those people.

Perhaps they are the same ones distributing litter ??

Cracking down on public behaviour issues such as jay-walking,
littering, boom-boxes, leash-laws, etc would do wonders for Asbury
park.

Werner