> Not Giuliani. "He is much more wonkish and intellectual than people
> give him credit for," Siegel says. "Because of the tough-guy exterior,
> they don't notice."
> ..."

I worked in the city when G was mayor then went out. It was a
noticeable difference in the appearance of the city/streets - at least
to an outsider like me.

Don't know the costs, but given how much APPEARED to be cleaned up
while G was mayor and the cities apparent economic recovery, it was
successful.

i'm sure Dan can cover it. (If Giuliani was a success)

You'd think this approach would work in AP and maybe it is

This is where you need a public figure like a mayor or City Manager or
PR person to step up and brag about the "New" Asbury Park and how it
HAS evolved and will evolve and teh steps to ensure that it does.

Not just the boardwalk bragging.

I can think of another project that will be over 1 year past due that
won't be bring any revenue in 2008 as planned.