> i'm sure Dan can cover it. (If Giuliani was a success)

You would think I would like another quick-tempered, short,
middle-aged, bald, Italian-American man, but I think G was a facist prick.

He ultimately went too far. But that being said, his fight against the
quality of life crimes (broken windows) worked. My problem with him,
among other things, is that things got a little out of hand. I
applauded the crack down on squeegee men and such, but the same
attitude run rampant led to a Diallo and the other guy getting the
plunger up his butt.

It made a world of difference in NYC. It became safe for midwesterners.

SOMEONE has to take control in AP. Who's it going to be? The City
manager? The Mayor? The Police Chief?

You need an emperor. You need one guy to focus on crime. You need zero
tolerance. Sometimes I call the Bradley beach cops facists, but maybe
some of that is needed here. My niece got a $250 summons for throwing
a cigarette butt out on Main St in BB.

No tolerance. Litter, you get a summonse.

But Werner, what is jaywalking down here? Do you mean only at the corner?