In a message dated 11/1/2007 1:45:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes: Only Americans and some other westerners
could need this much storage. and joke about it.
Some critics call it Affluenza.   I prefer those like Carlin who use
humor rather than those who preach about it.
If he had to choose one routine that he's most proud of, it's "A Place
for My Stuff," his riff on our materialistic need to accumulate.
("That's what your house is, a place to keep your stuff while you go out
and get … more stuff!")
"It had such universal reach," he says. "Everyone who heard it could
identify strongly with it." And don't think that the founder of The
Container Store wasn't listening.   http://tinyurl.com/2qcvek
<http://tinyurl.com/2qcvek>  Despite the numerous container industries,
there are now millions of web sites offering advice on how to unclutter
one's life.   And so it goes.....   Can't find Carlin's 2005 update, but
the hallowed old routine still gives one pause.     Click here: George
Carlin - Stuff
<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8896213084482448693>   (video)
Click here: Funny Stories and Jokes
<http://www.writers-free-reference.com/funny/story085.htm>   (text)